- Do you have significant assets locked up in your company 401k plan?
- Are you over 59 1/2?
- Do you want advice and professional management of your 401k assets?
You may be able to move your 401k assets to an IRA even while you are still employed by your current company without paying any taxes. This is called an "In Service" or "Pre-Retirement" Rollover. Many well-known companies commonly allow this procedure.
- Wal-Mart Stores
- J.B. Hunt
- Tyson Foods
- The University of Arkansas
- Proctor and Gamble
By doing a Pre-Retirement Rollover, you can work with our financial advisors to manage them in conjunction with your complete portfolio. You may also be eligible to roll the funds into a Roth IRA which may have additional long-term tax benefits.
A plan participant leaving an employer typically has four options (and may engage in a combination of these options), each choice offering advantages and disadvantages.
- Leave the money in their previous employer's plan, if permitted
- Rollover the assets to their new employer's plan, if one is available
- Rollover to an IRA
- Cash out the account value